Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Two Mothers remembered

I had two mothers, two mothers I claim, two different people, yet with the same name
Two separate women, diverse by design, but I loved them both, because they were both mine.
The first was my mother, who carried me here, gave birth and nurtured, and launched my career
She was the one, whose features I bear, complete with the facial, expression I bear
She gave me music, which follows me yet, along with the examples, in life that she set
Then as I got older, she some younger grew, and we'd laugh as just, mothers and daughters can do
But then came the year, that her mind clouded so, and I sensed that the mother, I'd known soon would go
So quickly she changed, and turned into the other, a stranger who dressed, in the clothes of my mother
Oh she looked the same, at least at arm's length, but she was the child now, and I was her strength
We'd come full circle, we women three, my mother, the first, the second and me
And if my own children, should come to a day, when a new mother comes, and the old goes away
I'd ask of them nothing, that I didn't do, love both of your mother's, as both have loved you

copied from a friend

No comments:

Post a Comment